Yayasan Munarah is a recently established charitable foundation of the Negeri Sembilan Royal Family. The name is derived from joining the names of Tuanku Munawir and Tuanku Durah.
Its objectives are:
- To receive and administer, funds and property of any kind for the purpose of distribution by way of donation, grants or interest-free loans to disabled, handicapped or under privileged individuals or to charitable, religious, educational or cultural institutions or organisations and to support healthcare and the general development of the community.
Thus far, the foundation has disbursed some RM500,000 covering expenses for education, the hardcore poor and the sick. Grants have also been extended to institutions caring for orphans, the old and the needy.
YM will strive to cooperate and collaborate with other charitable foundations, government bodies and NGO's.
Our efforts include:
- Forging close ties with Kendall Court (Singapore) to provide financial assistance to students (orphans) of local universities.
- Liaison with the State's Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat, Pusat Zakat, the Yayasan Negeri Sembilanand other relevant bodies in the reachingout to the poor and the needy.
- Assisting children of the hard-core poor/single mothers by placing them in privately run welfare homes and assisting with their educational fees.
- Extending our reach through close contacts with other charitable organisations.